Quinoa is an ancient grain native to South America. It does not contain gluten , so it is perfect nutritional meal for everybody, particularly for people with coeliac, with gluten intolerance , or elavated cholesterol.
1 cup Organic Quinoa Grain
1 onion, diced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Fine Himalayan salt
4 tsp Moroccan spice mix (ras-el-hanout)
½ cup dried cranberries
1 tbsp lemon juice
250 g pumpkin, diced
2 cups vegetable stock
A handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Mix cranberries with lemon juice, leave for soak.
- Place Quinoa in a strainer and rinse thoroughly. Allow to drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and sauté onion for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add Moroccan spices (ras-el-hanout) salt and pumpkin and sauté for another 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add drained Quinoa and vegetable stock. Stir thoroughly and cover pan. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir through the cranberries. Serve garnished with the fresh coriander and onions, if desired.
Serves 4 people.